Heart Healthy Products & Health Advice
Healthy Hearts Through Exercise, Diet, and Knowledge
Heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women in the United States. The best way to a healthy heart and cardiovascular system is a healthy lifestyle. Choices you make each day have a big impact on the health of you and your heart. Keep your heart healthy by making the right choices about:
- Whether you smoke
- What you eat
- Your physical activity level
- How much alcohol you drink
How Smoking Affects Heart Health
People who smoke are two to three times more likely to die from coronary heart disease than people who do not smoke.
Diet, Fitness, Weight and Your Heart
Eating the right foods, exercising and maintaining a healthy weight are very important in the fight against heart disease. Your first step is to learn about a heart healthy diet and physical activity goals. By making these healthy changes each day, you are on the right track to a healthy weight. A healthy weight is good for your heart in many ways - you are less likely to develop heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and elevated blood lipids.
*Be Sure to Visit the Heart Health Blog for News and Updates*
By making heart healthy decisions each day, you will feel better, have a greater chance of maintaining a healthy weight, and your heart will be stronger and healthier.
Heart Health Information
At HeartMart you will find knowledge and products designed to help you have a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. Learn about:
- Heart diseases including atherosclerosis, heart attacks, cardiac arrhythmias, endocarditis, and many other common heart ailments.
- Heart procedures and treatments such as cardiac catheterization, coronary angioplasty, aneurysm repair, and more.
- Heart healthy diets as well as dietary supplements such as Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, and plant sterols.
- Maintaining a healthy weight to ward off diabetes, heart attacks, and strokes.
- Types of dietary fats to avoid, such as trans fat and saturated fats found in processed foods.
Finally, you can learn ways to lower your cholesterol and reduce triglycerides in your bloodstream.
HeartMart is the place to jumpstart your efforts to live a longer, healthier life!